Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Falmouth Weekend



This past weekend was spent in the New England area. It was A.J.'s first time there and I couldn't wait to show him around. Some of you may or may not know this, but I interned with the company I work for while I was in college. For one summer I lived in the Boston area and loved every minute of it!

On some Saturdays, one of my favorite things to do was walk the city. So, I took A.J. on my favorite walking tour. We started at Fanuil Hall, walked down through the Public Gardens, and finished off with a stroll down Newbury St. and had lunch at an outdoor cafe. It was perfect! The only thing that could have made it better would have been dinner in the North End, but we had to drive out to the Cape to meet everyone for the race.

I think I may have mentioned once or twice how awesome my company is. Well, I'm going to say it again! I love working for Learning Express! This weekend, they coordinated a company retreat that coincided with the Falmouth Road Race. A.J. and I had been training for this since the Spring and were not disappointed! The race was amazing! It's a 7.1 mile race that snakes along the Cape right along the ocean. Bands and D.J.s play along the route and happy spectators spray you with water hoses. All together, 28 people ran from our company. We were very well represented! A.J.'s time rocked! He finished second out of our group with a time of 1:00 48 seconds. I was so proud of him!




The hotel my company put us up in was amazing! We've already agreed that we want to go back. It was such a cute sea-side inn! It was right on the beach, with private patios, beach volley ball courts, a pool, and more charm than you can possibly imagine!

Falmouth is such a cute town! Cupcapes was by far out of this world! If you're ever in the area, we highly recommend it! All their baked goods are made
from all natural, organic ingredients...which meant that I could have 2 cupcakes!

We ended our weekend with an amazing New England Clam Bake overlooking the ocean. A.J. even got to disassemble a lobster with his bare hands...he's been initiated!

All in all, it was a perfect weekend! We can't wait to run the race again next year and revisit one of our new favorite spots!

No comments: