Wednesday, September 22, 2010

OBX Baby!

OK, so I know I'm way overdue catching up on all of the trips we took this summer. I have friends visiting this area soon, so I wanted to get these up. Also, I'm trying to play catch-up this week. Hopefully by the end of it, my blog will be updated, my expense reports caught up, and a fall vacation will be booked! (High hopes, I know but a girl can dream can't she?)

So, back to the Outer Banks...we had an amzing vacation here. We stayed in Kitty Hawk but spent time in just about every area. The best dinner we had was at The Covington Cafe in Kitty Hawk! This was not my first time here, however I forgot how great this place is! Each little room inside is different and unique. The food is fantastic and the deserts are to die for! Definitely go for the crab cakes and be sure to get the warm chocolate cookie pie for desert. Both A.J. and I devoured it!



We also really enjoyed Duck! A.J.'s family was staying at a house up there so we took a day to spend with them. If you're looking for family things to do, Duck is the place. There's a restaurant called Diane and Mike's that has the BEST seafood chowder you will ever taste. Add the go-carts, shopping, and paddle boats and you've got yourself a whole evening out. Side note: paddle boats are not for whimps! I seriously couldn't feel my legs by the time we finished!



Also in Duck, I highly recommend the shopping! There's a little area right off the main road that has amazing local finds. You can't miss it, it's right as you get into Duck. The shops sit on the water and across the road tucked into little wooded areas. I found an amazing chip and dip bowl that I brought back to remind us of our trip. (We try to get something for the house on each excursion so we can be reminded of it when we're back to reality)




All in all, it was a great vacation spent with family that we adore! We couldn't have had a better time.

2 comments:

emily said...

A restaurant called Diane and Mike's? Too funny. :)

Jennifer said...

All good tips for when we are there next week. I'll let you know how the hang gliding goes - can't wait! We plan on going to Diane and Mike's with my cousins Diane & Mike - funny,huh!